About the Team
DoorDash’s New Business Verticals organization focuses on accelerating one of our strategic pillars – DashMart, our first-party convenience & grocery delivery offering. We have launched a robust network of micro-fulfillment centers across the country that today primarily operate under the DashMart banner.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Associate Manager to join the DashMart Central Operations team to bring net-new concepts to life inside of the DashMarts. You will be tasked with operationalizing new warehousing as a service concept. You will need to build new processes from scratch and work cross-functionally to launch the new businesses onsite. You will report to the Senior Manager of Warehousing as a Service Operations to ensure that our operations teams are supported and have the tools and processes that they need to be successful. You will work cross functionally with other strategy & operations teams, local operations, training & enablement, product, inventory and more to bring these concepts to life at scale!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity: Rapid change is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You love to build: This is a new part of our business and as such you will be tasked with establishing new processes, tools, trainings, etc. You will work with onsite teams to understand the challenges they face and problem solve those to bring new business to life alongside the DashMart operation
- You thrive working cross-functionally: Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure partnerships launch on time and DashMart operators are supported.
- You like to drive results: You’ll lead the efforts in ensuring this is brought to life, efficiently and collaboratively, inside of our DashMart sites.
- You value efficiency and control. You like to get work done quickly and efficiently, but you also appreciate when it’s necessary to have checkpoints for quality control and alignment.
We’re excited about you because…
- You can execute on multiple workstreams: WaaS objectives are still in discovery and validation mode; we will have multiple ‘irons in the fire.’ You will work with multiple work streams and teams simultaneously and meet key deadlines for all. You have strong project management skills and no job is beneath you.
- You have a strong operational foundation: You’ll bring or build strong understanding of day-to-day DashMart operations. This will allow you to work closely with local operators, and to understand how to integrate new initiatives into our existing operations.
- You are a learner. You’re not afraid to dig in and unpack complex and unfamiliar scenarios. You use data and common sense to solve problems.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You are a collaborator: You possess excellent communication, project management, and stakeholder management skills.
- You have 4+ years of post-graduate experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Jobs available in location : New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; United States – Remote