About the Team
DoorDash’s New Business Verticals organization focuses on accelerating one of our strategic pillars — DashMart, our grocery and convenience delivery offering. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. The Warehousing as a Service team is responsible for bringing the full power of DashMart to customers with new use cases and new lines of business that will operate within our DashMart real estate.
About the Role
We are looking to bring on two new hires on our Warehousing as a Service team. You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities for DashMart, conducting related analysis (e.g. business cases, analyzing tradeoffs, making recommendations), and working with internal and external stakeholders to pilot and scale new initiatives. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy to maximize the profitability of every square foot of our real estate. In this role, you will report to the Manager of the DashMart Warehousing as a Service team in our New Business Verticals organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You thrive at bringing teams together. Our new initiatives require collaboration across multiple teams to come to life, including Local Ops, Regulatory, Legal, and Launch. You like to keep everyone aligned in a coordinated workflow.
- You get excited to implement new ideas and processes. We are still in the early stages. You’ll be the first to lead new workstreams and processes.
- You value efficiency and control. You like to get work done quickly and efficiently, but you also appreciate when it’s necessary to have checkpoints for quality control and alignment.
We’re excited about you because…
- You can execute on multiple workstreams. DashMart has ambitious growth goals for 2023 and beyond. You will develop our portfolio strategy, oversee new pilot launches, and drive forward key projects simultaneously and meet deadlines for all.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable modeling in Excel and willing to learn SQL.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term. No job is beneath you.
- You are a collaborator. You possess excellent communication, project management, and stakeholder management skills. You know how to bring the team with you.
- We are looking for two hires with the below leveling requirements:
- Associate Managers will be hired with 4-6+ years of professional experience
- Managers will be hired with 7+ years of professional experience, including people management
- You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, retail, operations, strategy, consulting, finance, or a related experience).
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Jobs available in location : New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; United States – Remote