About the Team
The Sales Training Team under the Business Transformation and Acceleration organization enables the productivity of our sales and go-to-market organizations through exceptional onboarding, ongoing training, and communications. We partner with groups across the company including Sales, Product, Operations, and Analytics to build critical training that enables the business to move faster and be more productive. This team empowers DoorDash teams to achieve the best results for our platform and grow revenues across our business lines.
This role will support both the Enterprise and SMB (Small Market) Sales Teams within DoorDash. This team is at the forefront of growth & change at DoorDash and aims to serve our broad spectrum of sales partners (national restaurant, grocery & convenience chains) and supports a variety of roles across sales, account management, and analytics within each of these teams.
About the Role
You will work as part of the Sales Training team to support role-specific process education, executive sales skill development and a robust new hire training program.. This role will be heavily involved in supporting and supplementing onboarding in a remote capacity, as well as partnering with other members of the Team to support the sales organization in skill-based training and GTM/product and system based updates. Perfect for a high energy individual who is looking to have a significant impact on a scaling sales organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Consult with stakeholders to uncover training needs across sales skills and internal processes and develop formidable solutions that are executed through a variety of mediums including instructor-led live training, LMS courses, job aids, playbook development coaching session and more
- Consistently analyze programs to understand effectiveness, obtain feedback and lean in to innovation and changes throughout
- Partner with the training team to support the new hire training program through shadowing reps to understand knowledge/behavior gaps, developing and refreshing content and serving as an interim instructor when needed
- Supplement the existing new hire training program with additional programming – 1:1 rep coaching, manager support, office hours, etc.
- Be the face of DoorDash for all sales reps across our SMB, Mid-Market and Enterprise orgs
- Approach every opportunity for knowledge-transfer as an opportunity upskill, motivate and enact positive change across the business
- Use strong communication skills and relationship-building in live, recorded, and online training materials
- Develop a deep expertise in how DoorDash’s processes, systems, and resources work
- Work in lock-step with other training leads to divide and conquer work
- Bring innovative ideas to the team and elevate the existing skill set based on your background and passions within the learning space
We’re excited about you because:
- You are a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently with remote management
- You have a service mindset – You love helping people and watching others succeed
- You have a high EQ and adept at building relationships
- You learn quickly, have a bias for action, and don’t let unknowns stand in the way of progress.
- You excel in an environment where there is constant change
- You see systems and process as a strategic differentiator
- You have structured critical thinking and problem solving skills
- You are highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- You know how to balance speed and agility while driving towards a strategic long term roadmap.
- You have an ownership mentality, and will do what is necessary to drive results
- High bandwidth – you have no problem juggling multiple tasks at once
- You are a sponge; you can absorb the deep knowledge of subject matter experts in diverse processes across Support Ops and instill them into concise and insightful training materials
- Strategic thinker that’s not interested in the status quo. You love thinking about new opportunities or process improvement potential
- Bachelor degree required or relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 – 7 years experience in sales training, effectiveness, education or related domains
- Minimum 3 years experience in sales
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain a high-level of professional maturity
- SCORM/Strong LMS software background preferred
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
Jobs available in location : New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA; Austin, TX; Phoenix, AZ