About the Team
We’re looking for someone to help scale DoorDash’s next billion dollar business, DashMart. The DashMart team is focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers’ doorsteps.
About the Role
You will oversee the strategy and activities of the Employee Engagement & Programming team, which sits on the DashMart Central Operations team. You will oversee recurring employee engagement surveys and utilize that data to identify tactics to increase employee engagement, and you will regularly review retention and learning data to identify gaps, and implement solutions. You will drive further iteration and rollout of recognition strategy in partnership with Human Resources, Employee Relations, Legal, and similar cross functional partners. You will work cross functionally with Local Operations onsite at our DashMarts and corporate based cross functional partners to drive program adoption and outcomes. You will also oversee Employee Experience budgets to ensure we are creating an environment that brings out the best in our teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to minute operational details.
- Strategize. From fundamentals, you’ll develop the strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead. You’ll work with multiple teams, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re excited to be creative on how you work through problems
- You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You’re excited to grow a team. We are building a culture of employee engagement and appreciation, and you are comfortable growing alongside our Local Ops teams.
- You’re unafraid of undefined processes. You are passionate about defining and carving out scope and processes for you and your team. You excel at working with a diverse group of people.
- You love data. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable modeling in Excel (can perform complex functions), Qualtrics, SQL & Tableau.
- You have 6+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded at expanding businesses and have direct experience in Consulting, Business Operations, Employee Engagement, Human Resources, Employee Relations, Legal, or People Operations.
- You have completed your BS/BA Degree.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have an interest in logistics, on-demand services, marketplaces, or retail.
- You have experience working in warehouse operations.
- You have people management experience.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Jobs available in location : United States – Remote