About the Team
The Global Safety and Security team is responsible for advancing DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and deliver value across the business through agility, technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Manager, Global Operations Center to help manage and lead our central operations, programs, and initiatives within our Global Safety and Security Operations function. You will work closely with Global Safety and Security leadership, executive leadership, business leadership, Communications, Human Resources, Legal, and other cross-functional partners to create an inclusive, safe, and secure environment for our global workforce. By tailoring and effectively implementing a tight operating rhythm, maintaining global situational awareness, and driving unrivaled customer service and support through all operating conditions, this role will directly contribute to shaping an industry-leading safety and security operations function. This role requires very strong leadership under pressure, unwavering integrity, senior level communication skills, understanding of the global context, exceptional critical thought, a protective mindset, and a very high bias for action and execution.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead, manage, and execute Global Operations Center operations
- Help develop, integrate, and oversee culturally attuned policies, programs, procedures, standards, and processes
- Be on the front line working hands-on to protect DoorDash through central operations
- Be responsible for building a technology-driven environment for our Global Operations Center team
- Deliver world-class service and support for our global workforce
- Be responsible for accurately and consistently identifying, tracking, and reporting risk event information in a timely manner
- Manage vendors, contract staffing, and ancillary services
- Drive business value through vendor quality, reliability, and customer service
- Be responsible for accurately modeling spend and maintaining tight budget adherence
- Coordinate and lead staffing of our 24/7 operations
- Work directly with diverse groups of employees and executive leaders
- Establish and maintain a global common operating picture
- Manage all aspects of travel risk management including monitoring, alerting, briefing, and support
- Help lead cross-functional efforts for events, travel, and special projects
- Perform audits of security controls to ensure quality implementation and system health
- Help develop and maintain relationships with law enforcement and first responders
- Be responsible for global incident and emergency management
- Be responsible for centrally managing access, video, environmental sensors, and associated alarms across the enterprise
- Manage relevant training, drills, and process improvement
- Partner with Incident Responders during emergencies to facilitate overwatch and central support
- Produce and deliver regular and ad hoc executive-level briefings
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 10+ years of security operations experience including 5+ years of management experience
- You have exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence team members and cross-functional partners positively
- You are worldly having traveled extensively abroad
- You are multilingual and understand the global context
- You have an extensive background leading teams in operations center environments
- You have experience with relevant operations center databases, systems, and tools
- You have a deep understanding of access control, video surveillance, communications/radio, mass notification, and risk monitoring systems
- You have managed operations center teams across a global operating environment
- You have demonstrated background in change management and operations center optimization
- You have experience managing vendors/suppliers and large budgets
- You have direct experience managing the security risks associated with warehouses, fulfillment centers, retail, or related high-risk environments
- You are driven with a strong bias for action and have demonstrated experience setting and achieving aggressive performance objectives
- You possess a relentless drive to find answers, even with very little information to start
- You thrive at mentoring teams through high operating tempo, stressful, and demanding conditions
- You have designed, built, and measured the impact of operations center programs
- You are outcome-focused and set time-bound and measurable targets for your teams
- You are resilient and able to adapt to dynamic and high-stress situations quickly
- You take radical ownership of your work and performance and can effectively give and receive performance feedback
- You thrive in fast-paced, demanding environments where you are often managing multiple priorities and forced to make decisions with limited information
- You have excellent critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to forecast second and third-order effects of actions
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills, and are able to communicate at the appropriate level for a given audience
- You are a G Suite and Slack power user and are comfortable working on macOS, Chrome OS, and Windows-based systems
- You have relevant industry certifications
- You have the ability to stay on your feet for several hours at a time, wear a mask and all task-specific PPE, and work in operations center conditions
- You can work any day and time as required and attend meetings and training outside of regular business hours
- You are able to travel as required including internationally without restriction, and are able to work independently and as part of a team
- You have military or intelligence community leadership experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Jobs available in location : Tempe, AZ