About the Team
DashMart is part of our New Verticals division, which is a new, lean, and dynamic team at DoorDash. This group’s goal is to build and scale new and innovative ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced operations specialist, to lead and manage several new and/or established DashMart facilities. The goal of this role is to successfully build, scale, and drive the success of multiple DashMart locations, through strong people-focused leadership and analytical problem solving.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead: recruit, lead, coach & retain a high-performing team of Site Managers (4+ direct reports), Supervisors, and Operations Associates (30+ indirect reports). As a leader, you are a culture carrier. The tone starts with you.
- Own: From first principles, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of 2-4 DashMart locations, ensuring all site processes run smoothly, efficiently and safely.
- Strategize: by designing, building and executing process improvement projects to drive operational efficiencies and employee experience
- Delight customers: Work cross-functionally with central teams to ensure your site offers customers the best experience on each and every order and provide your team with the tools, resources and support needed to achieve these goals.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments. You are a data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data analysis skills.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what
- You’re a proven leader. You have led & managed teams of 15+ employees
- You act like an owner. You do what it takes to support a 24/7 business across multiple shifts.
- You have 3+ years’ experience: In Operations, Consulting, Strategy or related field
- Experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have operational experience in logistics and/or Fulfillment Center/Warehousing
- You have built and trained high performing teams
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash…
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Jobs available in location : Cincinnati, OH