About the Team
The Community Defense team improves the quality of DoorDash operations through the adjudication of background checks, inbound appeals and support inquiries, and screening-related functions. On-demand food delivery has many advantages; however, there are extremely challenging logistics to ensure DoorDash is delivering the best service to the Customers, Dashers, and Merchants.
Community Defense presents a united front to protect the experience of Customers, Merchants, and Dashers while solving these logistical challenges. This team’s work helps in maintaining and building internal and external relationships while protecting DoorDash’s brand. We work with our stakeholders to solve and mitigate escalations, monitor day-to-day quality, improve response times, and drive tool usage and efficiencies. This position is a tremendous opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is hyper-focused on improving the quality of DoorDash’s operations.
About the Role
The Community Defense Representative is a high-bandwidth, meticulously organized individual, who can balance both high volume production and a great attention to detail. They know when to escalate appropriately and ask for help. This position calls for a self-starter who wants to innovate and be part of a dynamic, fast-moving team.
You will report into a Team Lead of Community Defense in our Trust and Safety Organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Improve our operational and safety processes so we can deliver high quality support to all portions of our business.
- Be responsible for components of projects and processes that directly contribute to the safety of the DoorDash platform.
- Help research and implement best practices as we build our team.
- Work across a number of diverse workflows and gain exposure and experience within the compliance industry
- Develop expertise in how DoorDash’s processes and resources work, and how to use them to promote positive outcomes
- Demonstrate relationship-building with peers and company leaders
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You are an owner, always looking for opportunities to better your work product
- You are comfortable making tough decisions that balance the trade-off between quality and quantity
- You have a mind and talent for process improvement
- You have experience in pulling and using data to influence your decisions
- Experience with adjudications, case work and government documents
- You have knowledge of Salesforce and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)/Google Sheets (preferred)
- You have experience in the trust and safety, compliance, and/or regulatory industries (preferred)
- You have familiarity with working with large, diverse customer support, operations, and sales organizations (preferred)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Jobs available in location : Tempe, AZ