About the Team
Since launching alcohol delivery in 2020, DoorDash has added 15,000+ stores to our platform across most major US markets. As we continue to scale our business, we’re looking to add a rock-star Senior Associate to drive our next wave of growth! Our team of 15 sits within the broader New Business Verticals organization, and oversees the alcohol business, including growth, the liquor store P&L, and the Merchant experience. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies!
About the Role
Our liquor store portfolio is divided into three types of Merchants: Enterprise Merchants, SMBs (small-medium businesses) and CnG (convenience and grocery stores). You will focus primarily on SMB (small-medium business) excellence, serving our Merchants and empowering them to grow their business. Among others, your focus will include: store launch planning; merchant catalog management and accuracy; maximizing store uptime; merchandising; and merchant product tooling. Ultimately, you’ll be tasked with growing our SMB business from the ground up!
You will report into the Manager for our SMB Liquor Store business within the broader Alcohol S&O team. We operate in a hybrid working model; you will be able to work from home while also having the option to go into the office for in-person collaboration from time to time.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Work on unique strategies across our three-sided marketplace
- Engage – Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to provide a world-class operation
- Operate – Own tracking dashboards and manage week over week metrics to drive safe, compliant delivery operations.
- Analyze – Build models using tools like Excel and SQL to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Partner with many teams like: Operations, Product, Engineering, Legal, Policy, Comms, etc. to create strategic plans and harness opportunities while gaining buy-in from stakeholders and leadership
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias for action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems, can translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing a process
- You are curious – You always look for creative ways to move the needle
- You are entrepreneurial – You want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are analytical – You use data to inform tough decisions, and are comfortable operating at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level
- You are an owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad
- 2+ years’ experience in consulting, strategy, tech or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience or compliance experience is a bonus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Jobs available in location : Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Washington, DC