About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hyper-growth fulfillment platform (“white-label”) serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States, Canada, Australia and Japan. The Voice Ordering team is responsible for helping our merchants optimize their 1st party channel by increasing phone order conversion and in-store efficiency.
About the Role
The Senior Associate, Voice Ordering, will play a critical role in accelerating a best-in-class voice ordering solution by scaling Product Operations initiatives. The team has seen early success and we’re looking for a Senior Associate to:
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, working cross-functionally, to scale the Voice ordering business
- Work to create a trustworthy, delightful customer experience that maximizes repeat order rate, purchase frequency & average check size
- Partner with Product to build an easy to use order placement tool that empowers agents with real time menu knowledge and customer information – ensuring high agent performance with minimal training
- Work closely with Product and Merchant Growth to ensure Merchant integrations and new product feature launches are successful, overseeing the change management required
- Partner with Product, Analytics, Finance, Security and Engineering to shape the vision and execute operating plans alongside cross-functional partners to achieve the full potential of the business.
You are a strong operator who tackles ambiguous problems with first principles thinking, and collaborates cross-functionally to drive results. You’ll help rapidly scale DoorDash’s next big platform business, while delivering the best Voice Ordering experience for our largest enterprise merchants and their customers.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive scale readiness by ensuring the Voice business is maximizing the value proposition to our Merchants and Customers and operating as efficiently as possible across all functions
- Run experiments to better understand key operating initiatives to bring to life at scale
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, to improve our profitability, enable growth, and influence the progression of our business
We’re excited about you because…
- 2+ years of cross-functional leadership experience
- You crave responsibility and want to help shape the vision and direction of the company
- You’re analytical and willing to get to the lowest level of detail
- You have experience leading projects and succeeding in a scrappy, start-up environment
- You have a talent for summarizing complex problems, can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- You have experience in a complex or high-growth environment
- Display a high degree of ownership for projects
- You have strong data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Logistics, Product Management, Business Operations and/or Partnerships experience a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Jobs available in location : Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Washington, D.C; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Miami, FL