About the Team
The GSO Workforce Management Planning Team consists of our Senior Manager, 4 Workforce Managers, and 12 Workforce Planners/Schedulers. Enjoy a comfortable team-oriented environment where things are always happening at a rapid pace and you can prioritize and organize tasks simultaneously. Manage outcomes and be empowered to make the decisions to lead to those outcomes. Be focused on quality, output-motivated, an extreme achiever who is progressive, and always pushing yourself to be 1% better each day!
About the Role
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Support Ops is tasked with ensuring that when there are bumps in the last mile there’s always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs, manages and operates DoorDash’s massive and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering a world-class customer experience every time.
As part of DoorDash’s Support Operations Team, we’re looking for an experienced Workforce Planner to help develop and scale our support lines of businesses in the Phoenix area. This role will be a key player in planning our monthly, daily, and hourly staffing levels and ensure we’re providing our customers with best-in-class service with up to date hiring plans. This role will play a vital part in improving forecast accuracy, reporting, and planning around floor staff utilization and efficiency.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and maintain support capacity plan models at a monthly, weekly, and interval level for a large, 24/7/365 organization.
- Build and improve reports on agent staff utilization and schedule optimization, both globally and by line of business.
- Schedule shifts for support, and allocate PTO allowances by LoB.
- Forecast incoming contacts based on Delivery volume, Mx and Dx onboarding.
- Analysis on historical data to provide insights that improve support operations.
- Guide Short-Term staffing adjustments to address current staffing gaps.
- Build shift-bids and schedules for pilots, internal support teams, and as needed for business operations.
- Work with our operations team to track how our staffing is being implemented and optimized. Make proactive and corrected improvements.
- Partner with Real Time Analysts for demand insight and outage reporting.
- Build out and report on seasonality trends in a complex, growing support organization.
- Produce, dig into and use data and insights to identify opportunities to improve speed, quality, effectiveness, and customer experience
- Partner with teams within customer experience, and our product, engineering, and tools teams to improve processes and the resulting customer experience for consumers, merchants, and dashers
- Accomplish your recommendations from start to finish, from digging into Excel/SQL to creating a budget to implementing timelines, aligning partners, testing ideas, achieving and measuring results
- Identify areas for improvement and/or innovation around efficiency and customer experience from deep dives and understanding customer’s cases; drive new ideas to be built and tested
We’re excited about you because…
- Analytical and data driven – you love getting into the weeds.
- Enjoy attacking complex problems and building something that hasn’t existed before.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail; have outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities, you can execute and get the job done.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly changing, team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Have an owner mentality; you’re focused on quality, output driven, an extreme hustler, proactive, and always pushing yourself to do better.
- You are eager to bring solutions to big challenges in creative new ways
- You like to dig in. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You’re unafraid of the unknown. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you excel in constant change.
- You love data. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling data or modeling in Excel/Google Sheets.
- You don’t give up. If your plan doesn’t work, you have 3 more options in your back pocket.
- You have 3+ years of post-grad experience. You’ve succeeded in diverse cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Jobs available in location : Tempe, AZ