About the Team
DoorDash’s Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our highly collaborative and supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We are a diverse group of lawyers with a shared passion for providing creative and best-in-class service to our business partners. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business, and above all else, we value and respect each other as teammates. We’re looking for a team builder who can successfully work across the legal team, as well as the broader company. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional and experienced Senior Privacy and Cybersecurity Counsel to join our team. You will partner closely with our cybersecurity, product, and engineering teams to build a best-in-class data protection and security program company-wide, including counseling on new products and services to ensure compliance with privacy and data security laws and DoorDash policies.
In this position, you will be the lead lawyer responsible for security incident preparedness and response, which will involve leading and counseling on investigations, communications plans, and remediation measures. This will be a highly visible and impactful role that will partner closely with cross-functional teams across the organization to enhance the company’s cybersecurity and privacy programs.
As Senior Privacy and Cybersecurity Counsel, you’ll have an opportunity to work closely with teams across our business on a wide-range of cybersecurity and privacy matters. You will help enhance the company’s security program to ensure the company complies with applicable data protection and security laws. This position will also advise teams on privacy compliance matters and help implement the company’s privacy strategy. This role will require you to become an expert in domestic and international privacy laws that impact our products and business operations. And as a member of the legal team at a dynamic and fast-growing company, you’ll have ample opportunity to work on a variety of challenging cybersecurity and privacy issues while partnering with teams across the company.
We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic along with excellent analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be someone who is creative and thinks outside-the-box, is a self-starter who takes ownership over initiatives, and is hands-on taking into consideration the lowest level of detail.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner with cross-functional teams to enhance incident readiness and response as it relates to issues concerning cybersecurity, fraud, and privacy
- Support incident response investigations in accordance with internal policies and applicable data protection laws
- Counsel teams on global privacy compliance matters in furtherance of the company’s privacy strategy, including advising on data governance, data retention, and cybersecurity
- Coordinate with the litigation team on responding to regulatory and litigation matters
- Provide privacy advice to product and engineering throughout the development lifecycle to minimize legal risks, respect consumer privacy, and advance business goals
- Assist with the development of information security and data protection policies
- Partner with Trust & Safety on responding to law enforcement requests
- Synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a J.D. and are admitted to any US state bar.
- You have 8+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with a focus on privacy and data protection issues.
- You have familiarity with global privacy frameworks and advising on cybersecurity issues.
- You have the ability to lead, organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively.
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You are technically fluent.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. No job is too big or too small!
Nice to Haves
- CIPP or CISSP.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Jobs available in location : New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; United States – Remote