American privately held construction company Kiewit Corporation hiring a Transmission Line Estimating Lead – Kiewit Power Engineering in Lenexa, KS, US, interested candidates can submit job application at Kiewit Corporation Careers Lenexa
Post Title: Transmission Line Estimating Lead – Kiewit Power Engineering
Work Location: Lenexa, KS, US
The Transmission Line (T-Line) Estimating Lead will be responsible for taking client requested scopes and incorporating solutions from the engineering, environmental, procurement, and construction groups to produce an estimate. Core objectives include: functional understanding and interpretation of RFP documents, application of historical rate and production information, and fostering the development and growth of the estimating department staff through mentoring and improved work processes to meet the needs of power delivery clients.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner’s engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Develop complete estimates for complex power delivery projects.
• Know and understand the strategy on how to be the low bidder.
• Must read the specifications and develop notes for the unique or extraordinary items.
• Know how to build the project (best practices, sequence, geographical challenges etc.). Work with discipline leads to formulate a plan that includes all lessons learned and costs and put that plan to paper.
• Understand what design deliverables are required and assure that the delivery schedule is met.
• Take the lead in making sure we are pricing the “lowest cost”.
• Facilitate Cross-Discipline and Cross-District Communication.
• Train and mentor younger estimators in the preparation estimates.
• Review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine data completeness and procedures; aid in resolving differences in bid items.
• Use recognized engineer techniques and procedures to establish the initial estimate design, conduct estimates, and adhere to standard company policy.
• Must be capable of handling major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
• Stay current on various trends and developments such as new equipment, means & methods, and procedures developing in the industry or specialized discipline (e.g., mechanical, electrical, etc.).
• Understand Industrial project past cost data for benchmarking to compare to estimates.
• Monitor Key Estimate Metrics – Be aware of and monitor key estimating metrics that are looked at by Senior Management and ensure that the estimate falls within the accepted boundaries. Be able to explain any metrics that my fall outside these accepted boundaries.
• Communication with Senior Managers – Communicate critical issues and estimate assumptions up to the Manager as they arise to ensure everyone is on the same page for the reviews to eliminate late changes.
• Schedule and prepare for the estimate reviews.
• Conduct a detailed formal review of all subcontract and permanent material pricing.
• Lead the estimate design using PLS-CADD software and/or other applicable tools and software.
• Prepare special studies or reports required by the unusual nature of some bid items or conditions.
• Formulate the procurement and subcontracting strategy.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical engineering or related field.
• At least five years’ experience in a related role for transmission line projects.
• Knowledge of transmission line construction.
• Strong attention to detail; strong communication, interpersonal, leadership and team-building skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Proficiency in PLS-CADD.
• Competitive – demonstrating the desire to win the project through leadership and teamwork.
Career Level : Senior Level Power
Department: – Kiewit Power Engineering
Industry: – Design Engineering
Job Id:- 131579
visit kiewitcareers.kiewit.com/job/Lenexa-Transmission-Line-Estimating-Lead-Kiewit-Power-Engineering-KS-66210/821559900/ to apply
Tag: Jobs nearby Lenexa KS, Power jobs in Lenexa KS, Design Engineering jobs hiring nearby Lenexa KS, Kiewit Power Engineering jobs Lenexa KS, Lenexa Jobs hiring, Kiewit Power Engineering jobs hiring Lenexa KS,
Note : Jobs applying by TownTasks , If there is error or encounter broken page while applying Kiewit Careers in Lenexa KS, you may check Kiewit Corporation current vacancy – Transmission Line Estimating Lead – Kiewit Power Engineering in Lenexa KS by 131579 searching on official career page to get apply Kiewit Corporation Jobs in Lenexa KS