American privately held construction company Kiewit Corporation hiring a Senior Estimator – Civil Infrastructure in Los Angeles, CA, US, interested candidates can submit job application at Kiewit Corporation Careers Los Angeles
Post Title: Senior Estimator – Civil Infrastructure
Work Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
This is a staff position reporting to the Lead Estimator. You will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting Contract Documents (specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for various projects throughout Kiewit’s markets. Also able to make assumptions based on experience with detailed plans are not provided and front end estimating is performed based on conceptual level designs.
Kiewit’s Southern California District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil projects that include earth moving, water/wastewater, transportation, roadways, and power projects. Most of our work is concentrated in the Southern California region.
Santa Fe Spring, CA or nearing office.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex jobs.
• Supervise estimators in the preparation of check estimates for other work, review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and aid in resolving differences in bid items.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
• Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions.
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• 7+ years’ related experience
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with highway, water, heavy civil, and/or concrete structures
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Career Level : Senior Level Water/Wastewater
Department: – Southern California District
Industry: – Estimating
Job Id:- 163259
visit kiewitcareers.kiewit.com/job/Los-Angeles-Senior-Estimator-Infrastructure-Construction-CA-90001/950559700/ to apply
Tag: Jobs nearby Los Angeles CA, Water/Wastewater jobs in Los Angeles CA, Estimating jobs hiring nearby Los Angeles CA, Southern California District jobs Los Angeles CA, Los Angeles Jobs hiring, Southern California District jobs hiring Los Angeles CA,
Note : Jobs applying by TownTasks , If there is error or encounter broken page while applying Kiewit Careers in Los Angeles CA, you may check Kiewit Corporation current vacancy – Senior Estimator – Civil Infrastructure in Los Angeles CA by 163259 searching on official career page to get apply Kiewit Corporation Jobs in Los Angeles CA