American privately held construction company Kiewit Corporation hiring a Civil Inspector – Transportation in Phoenix, AZ, US, interested candidates can submit job application at Kiewit Corporation Careers Phoenix
Post Title: Civil Inspector – Transportation
Work Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
As a Quality Inspector, you will primarily have responsibility for inspections and tests pertaining to a specific scope of work such as concrete and civil work. You will also perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor to meet project quality requirements. To maximize your effectiveness, you must develop a thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule as they relate to your specific assignment.
Kiewit Southwest District specializes in heavy civil, transportation and water projects, we typically self-perform a large portion of the work. We do self-performance work such as mass grading, drainage, PCCP paving, utilities and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry with safety, quality, costs and schedule in mind.
• Listen to and takes appropriate action on client’s expressed concerns and observations.
• Provide open and honest communications to client representatives regarding the quality of the work.
• Develop an understanding of project scope and quality requirements as they pertain to your specific area of responsibility.
• Study and understand the Project Quality Plan and other quality documents that pertain to assigned scope of work.
• Identify detailed quality requirements required by the contract specifications and applicable codes and standards.
• Determine required frequency of inspections and tests
• Coordinate with operations to schedule quality inspections and tests to maintain production goals
• Perform inspections and tests at the required frequency in the assigned area.
• Ensures that required inspections and tests are performed by others as required
• Prepare inspection/test reports and maintain the quality files related to area of responsibility
• Verify inspection and test compliance with the applicable contract documents, codes and standards
• Correctly interpret and utilized codes and industry standards to determine compliance of the work
• Maintain effective communications (both orally and written) with supervisor, coworkers and the project management team
• Communicate test results to the project team with accurate and complete documentation
• Understand typical codes and standards as they apply to the assigned work
• Organize quality documents and store per the company and project document management procedures
• Identify and report nonconforming work in accordance with the company quality standards and the project quality plan
• Verify nonconforming work is properly corrected
• Perform source and receiving inspection of permanent materials and plant equipment for project requirements as required
• Develop strong working relationship with supervisor, coworkers and the project management team
• Be involved in and provide quality input to task planning meetings.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Inspect subordinates’ work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• Listen to other employee’s and supervisor’s suggestions, complaints, problems, safety concerns and recommendations, evaluate each and then devise and implement a plan of action based on that evaluation.
• Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement.
• Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize hazards.
• Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens.)
• Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in safe manner.
• Be motivated and work productively.
• Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality and/or inspection position
• Must be a self-starter, be organized and have good interpersonal skills.
• Associate’s degree in engineering technology or science plus two years of experience in a related construction field (at least one of these years in a QA/QC position); or a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) plus four years of experience in a related construction field (at least two of these years in a QA/QC position).
• Working knowledge of the specific trade of discipline you are assigned to with associated special processes, inspection, and testing techniques.
• Working knowledge of construction industry codes relating to your area of expertise
• Certifications from AWS, ACI, ICBO, ASNT, NACE, API etc. may be required for certain positions.
Career Level : Mid Level Transportation
Department: – Southwest District
Industry: – Quality
Job Id:- 151628
visit kiewitcareers.kiewit.com/job/Phoenix-Civil-Inspector-Transportation-AZ-85001/903365700/ to apply
Tag: Jobs nearby Phoenix AZ, Transportation jobs in Phoenix AZ, Quality jobs hiring nearby Phoenix AZ, Southwest District jobs Phoenix AZ, Phoenix Jobs hiring, Southwest District jobs hiring Phoenix AZ,
Note : Jobs applying by TownTasks , If there is error or encounter broken page while applying Kiewit Careers in Phoenix AZ, you may check Kiewit Corporation current vacancy – Civil Inspector – Transportation in Phoenix AZ by 151628 searching on official career page to get apply Kiewit Corporation Jobs in Phoenix AZ